Hello, my name is Preethi Sutton. Originally from Madurai, Southern India, I moved to England in 1995. After several years teaching drama therapy to children, I continued my passion for therapy through the use of complementary medicine. I set up clinic in Dorking and have built up a successful practice by being able to help my clients with a combination of techniques. The good results naturally led to recommendations and repeat business.
I believe that we all have an inherent ability to heal ourselves, whether it’s a physical, emotional or mental challenge. When we get struck with ill health, we focus on the pain and discomfort and depend on medications to heal us, forgetting to tap into our natural healing abilities. When you come to have a session with me, I will help you to connect with your body and it’s powerful ability to bring balance, harmony and a sense of wellbeing into your life.
I work with clients providing acupuncture for physical ailments and personal coaching and counselling for those who are facing emotional challenges, or need motivation and clarity in their life. When we are in the thick of things, it can be difficult to find a solution. By talking to a therapist/coach, you may find the direction and clarity you are looking for.
Please take some time to read the testimonials provided by my clients and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
I am professionally insured for Coaching, Counselling and Acupuncture and am a member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Association for Coaching(AC).
Education and Training
- Wellness Coach certificate from the International Association of Wellness Professionals to guide clients in living a full life in all areas
- 2 year BACP Accredited Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling from the Wealden Institute
- Currently working as a volunteer counsellor Horsham and Crawley Counselling Group providing general counselling
- 2 years experience counselling cancer patients at The Olive Tree Centre
Psychotherapy and Trauma Work
- Embodied Relational Therapy with Stephen Tame and Allison Priestman
- Emotional Freedom Technique and Matric Re-imprinting with Karl Dawson
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine qualifications
- Graduated with a First in BSc (Hons) in Acupuncture – ICOM, East Grinstead
- Health Cultivation and Classical Medicine Internship with Dr Suzanne Robidoux – Beijing, China
- Channel Palpation studies with Dr Wang Ju Yi – Beijing, China
- Certificate in Chinese Cupping Therapy – with Ilkay Chirali, UK
- East Meets West (a years training) – with Peter van Kerval, UK
- Tung Acupuncture (6 days Beginners Series, 6 days Advanced series) – with Susan Johnson, UK
Tibetan Buddhism Meditation and Breathwork techniques
- Meditating with the body series and retreat with Reginald Ray
- Awakening the body with Reginald Ray
- Certificate in The Rossiter System – Certified Coach
Working within the NHS:
I worked at the Olive Tree Centre, the cancer support centre within Crawley Hospital for two years, providing acupuncture for cancer patients and their relatives, on a voluntary basis. The centre is a harmonious, healing place. Working there has given me not only valuable experience in dealing with difficult, emotional situations, but also an appreciation for how important health is.
I the worked there as a trainee counsellor providing counselling for cancer patients and their relatives.
If you would like know more about how I got into Chinese medicine, please read my Blog.
In the press :
Read a newspaper interview with a client I was able to help, who was suffering from insomnia:
I started having acupuncture with Preethi as I was suffering with the after effects of bowel cancer and the operations that were performed on me. I also had a number of aches and pains and dizziness that were not connected to the cancer. I had tried a lot of other therapies and although they were all helpful in their own way, with acupuncture I found the best results. I have had 6 treatments now and I can truly say that for the first time in six years when I was first diagnosed, I feel normal. I am confident about going out in public without having to worry about needing the toilet desperately. I have been handing out Preethi’s leaflets to anyone who will take them!
– Jean (80 yrs), Dorking